What is a project?
We understand that all of the goods and services provided by us need to be recognised as projects in their own right. By doing this we can ensure that our customers’ expectations and objectives can be successfully met from sales order to confirmed customer utilisation.
This equally applies to existing customers requiring upgrade or additional features as well as new customer implementations and migration from an existing system.
What is project management?
Project management at Viking is the proactive process and methodology carried out to ensure that our customers successfully achieve their Project goals through the application of effective communication, planning, feedback and understanding in a way that brings about an extraordinary customer experience:
- Understanding and definition of the requirements and expectations of our customers.
- Planning what needs to be done, when, by whom.
- Building and motivating the team.
- Coordinating the work of resources of both Viking and customer.
- Monitoring and feedback.
- Managing any changes to the plan.
- Delivering successful utilisation.
The Project Manager
A Project Manager is assigned to be responsible for each and every project at Viking:
- A key single point of contact for all aspects of a project throughout its duration.
- Agree and provide a written project plan defining a scheduled statement of work.
- Ongoing plan status reviews.
- Coordination of all resources required to complete the project.
- Manage any changes or issues arising during the project.
- Review and minimise project risks that could impact on the project’s successful completion.
- Confirm customer satisfaction at all stages.
- Manage an efficient handover to support personnel on completion of the project.